Skip to main content

It's beginning to look a lot....

...like Christmas!

Even if things look different, some things still continue or are have been added this year for more Christmas fun! 

We got our Christmas tree, made press cookies and hard-tack candy, and took a short trip down the road to see an indoor-Christmas-tree-display (75 trees!). The kids are having fun this season, just hoping for more snow :)




(Our tree now has an angel on top. When put in the shaker at the tree-farm, the top "branch" came flying off!  April grabbed it, we brought it home and it's now stuck back on holding the angel!)


Kevin oversees the making of the press cookies each year. His mom made them growing up. If we didn't have children, we'd only ever make the tree shape. This year, the kiddos convinced him to make wreaths and camels!



The day after Thanksgiving is when we usually make hard-tack candy. Most of the kids helped this year, but I just snapped these ones of Peter helping with Aunt Laura. 



I grew up going to this store/greenhouse/toy shop. You can walk through the display at Christmas and Easter.  Every tree is decorated with a different theme and you can find all the ornaments and decorations on sale.  The kids loved it! We walked through twice :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April Hope

Praise God! We are thrilled to announce the birth of April Hope, born this morning at 4:42 a.m. and weighing in at 8 lbs 3 oz. and 20.5 inches long. We think she is beautiful! Both April and Alison are doing great. Here are just a few of many pictures taken on her first day. More to come... April Hope Alison and April Chloe meets her little sister April A very proud mom and dad

More Bloopers

These pictures just make me laugh ~ especially the last two. I have a feeling that Aunt Laura, in particular, will think those last two are funny also. :)

A dear friend

I'm leading the study tomorrow at my Bible Study. We're reading a book called Crazy Love by Francis Chan and the chapter I'm in 'charge of' of real life examples of people who are living completely for Christ. I've come up with an example from my own life to talk about and I thought I'd let my blog readers in on what I'm going to share tomorrow. Enjoy! I met Mrs. Hohman on a hot July afternoon after mistakenly knocking on her neighbor’s door. I stood on her front porch with my mom, nervously waiting to meet the woman I planned on living with for my first year at Grove City . I felt like I was towering over her short frame as she showed me the 3 rd floor and barked the rules of “no swearing, no smoking, no boys”. I handed over my rent check and moved to her house in late August. September came and a fellow freshman had a mental breakdown and her bed was now available to me…… So, after 3 weeks of living with Mrs. Hohman I moved out....